Monday, January 29, 2007

How I got here

Last week I was bumping around ncncaracing.com and ran into a race report on the Cal Aggie crit written by Michael Hernandez. His name at the end of the report was a link to his blog, Hernando go lightly. The blog is awesome and I commented on a couple of his posts. Then I realized that I was one of the few blogless folks leaving comments. I don't know if this is an etiquette thing or not, but suddenly I felt like I shouldn't be commenting on the writings of others without writing something myself. So here I am.

5 comments:

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

here's to good blogging. all writing, when developed with soul, is good writing. but hernando is great writing. most of the time.

welcome to blog-dom!

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

right on, Banks.

just think of it as writing letters to friends.

coolio.

Dr. Xeno said...

Welcome. But keep in mind very few are as interesting as Hernandez - even my wife reads his stuff. My mother-in-law even checks it out form time to time.

Steven Woo said...

Welcome aboard. Thought I was updating ncncaracing.com just for me (a couple of years ago someone called me a race report junkie), so glad you got some use out of it! :)

banks said...

dr. x -- tell me about it. In less than a month I've become addicted to Hernando go lightly.

Those last two sentences were unclear. I didn't mean to be presumptuous and imply OV is the standard I'm trying to achieve. What I'll do is delete those sentences from the post, but paste them below so anyone who comes cold to this knows what I'm talking about.

"I can only hope the posts on this blog will be close to as interesting as what Hernandez is doing. I don't even know how to include a picture in a post yet."