Thursday, March 19, 2009

Whether Report

I must say I'm pretty enthusiastic about being on the Safeway/Bicycles Plus racing team this year. So enthusiastic, as a matter of fact, that I'm considering a one-hour endurance commute through rush hour traffic just to pick up my team biking shorts.

The first shipment from Pactimo, our team's clothing manufacturer, didn't contain the shorts. Yesterday an email notified us the shorts are at the shop in Folsom. I've been holding back an urge to neglect my job and get out there right away. I feel like I did in little league when coaches passed out uniforms. I'm pretty sure I won't sleep in my cycling kit like I did my baseball gear way back when. Maybe I would if I was single.

So whether to go or not to go? I guess I'll do the mature thing and go home to my wife and kids after work. Growing up ain't easy.

No comments: