Monday, April 2, 2007

bike in the garage, front porch getting bigger

Tough day at work. Home in time to do an hour on the bike trail before dinner. Missed lunch, better eat first. Healthy food, hell no - corndog, make that two. Hmm, what to do whilst eating. Check on Vanderpoopie, he's always good. Ha, sucky things he sucks at, dude's funny. Read rest of that story about Tribune Co. selling to Sam Zell or to the team of Ron Burkle and Eli Broad. Either way both suitors propose leveraging the retirement accounts of Tribune employees so the employees, as a non-voting bloc, become the majority shareholder in the company. Huh? If the suitor sinks the ship the employees lose their retirement savings. I don't know. If I was a 30 year employee of the LA Times or Newsday or another Tribune subsid, I'd be wanting a back up plan before the big wigs seal that deal. Well, I digress, back to corndogs, bikes and my frontporch. Corndogs were delicious. Discipline needed to get on bike waning. Loosen the belt, my frontporch needs more room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.